The Bitch is me. I know; I am terrible for not updating my blog more frequently. What kind of writer am I?!!
From now on, I'm not going to be all overly ambitious and promise to update daily. I will shoot for weekly and by aiming low, I'm hoping I'll actually be able to meet and surpass my goal.
Yesterday, I attended a book signing by Rockfordian author Kimberla Lawson Roby. While I couldn't hear
most of her talk, she did advise some aspiring writer in the crowd that the conscientious writer should compose at least a paragraph a day. Sounds simple but, I wonder how many creative spirits (who are working other jobs in the meanwhile) get around to it. Probably the ones who make something of themselves. I need to learn to be more dedicated to my craft. Lawson knows what she's talking about. Though local, she's a prolific author; when her next book is released this winter, it'll be her third book released in a year. I don't know if my output level will ever be that high but, it's something to strive for.
I don't want to overload this post with all the things that have been floating in my head since last I updated, so I'll keep it relatively short. Here's a run-down: I started my new gig at Rockford YouthBuild. So far, it's been rather uneventful. I'm hoping we get our computers soon so I don't get so distracted sitting under the air vent (it is freezing!) dreaming about being warm all day. I have some projects in the works I plan on busting out soon. Also, I took the GRE and though my math score was abysmal (this despite my hardcore month and change of math cramming), I got my writing score last week and it was on the high end. So when I finally figure out where I want to go and what I want to be, I'll have good enough scores to get in.
From now on, I'm not going to be all overly ambitious and promise to update daily. I will shoot for weekly and by aiming low, I'm hoping I'll actually be able to meet and surpass my goal.
Yesterday, I attended a book signing by Rockfordian author Kimberla Lawson Roby. While I couldn't hear
most of her talk, she did advise some aspiring writer in the crowd that the conscientious writer should compose at least a paragraph a day. Sounds simple but, I wonder how many creative spirits (who are working other jobs in the meanwhile) get around to it. Probably the ones who make something of themselves. I need to learn to be more dedicated to my craft. Lawson knows what she's talking about. Though local, she's a prolific author; when her next book is released this winter, it'll be her third book released in a year. I don't know if my output level will ever be that high but, it's something to strive for.I don't want to overload this post with all the things that have been floating in my head since last I updated, so I'll keep it relatively short. Here's a run-down: I started my new gig at Rockford YouthBuild. So far, it's been rather uneventful. I'm hoping we get our computers soon so I don't get so distracted sitting under the air vent (it is freezing!) dreaming about being warm all day. I have some projects in the works I plan on busting out soon. Also, I took the GRE and though my math score was abysmal (this despite my hardcore month and change of math cramming), I got my writing score last week and it was on the high end. So when I finally figure out where I want to go and what I want to be, I'll have good enough scores to get in.
No comments:
Post a Comment