As I've stated before, Syracuse so far is the only graduate school to have accepted me. And to offer me a fellowship, which I don't have to do anything for (except be multi-cultural and pursue interests I already had!!).
Well, I visited Syracuse for its Open House. And I learned three things that endear it to me, as it reminds me of my undergrad institution.
1. SU, like U of I, had a racist Native American mascot that people protested against which then had to be removed.
2. The same school colors. I can wear my blue and orange shirts inside out!
3. Renowned for its great basketball and terrible footballs teams.
Ah, Syracuse I feel like I know you well.
A downfall: the airport was tiny. My plane was delayed like alllllllll day. Seriously. Last time this happened, I had my coworkers to drink with and distract me. All I had in the Syracuse Hancock Airport was my thoughts. Oh, and a DVD of California Dreams, season one. Because each episode was roughly 20 minutes, I went through that baby pretty fast. The airline attendants were really helpful though, I'm not sure people in Chi would have been as understanding since they see thousands more passengers every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment