Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cursed

This was a disastrous week.

As we know, I've been in denial for quite some time. As in, I keep thinking of this situation as temporary when it's clear that I've been here for 6 months and that I'm going to need to reside in town for a while.

So ya, I put off getting a car for a while. Like, I've been looking at used cars but probably not as actively as I could be, bc I figured I might not actually need a car that bad. And I was getting to work, dropped off by my dad and picked up by my mom most days.

That was going semi-smoothly til last week. On Tuesday, my mother got in an accident on her way to pick me up. Of course that would happen. I ended up waiting at work for an extra hour, which was fine bc thankfully my mother was unharmed. The car was a little tore up. The headlights are busted up, and the front has some damage, but otherwise it's drivable. So, we don't have to buy two new cars. And she was driving the van, so she wasn't injured in any way. The other woman admitted to her fault, so she got a ticket, and luckily, she has insurance too, so we can one day fix our car.

Now the next day, my father scared my mom talking about her engine was probably busted up too. So, on top of her fear of driving down Kishwaukee again, she was afraid to just drive the car. Well, she decided not to pick me up, that I should instead order a cab, since the other insurance company would cover it. This though is clearly not Chicago or even Champaign, so the cab drivers could really care less. I waited for about an hour in the bank lobby, and called them a few times in between, before I realized the cab was just not coming. So, I called my dad and finally convinced him to pick me up.

Then, after waiting for an hour and a half, I needed to go to bathroom. When I came out, I found out from one of my bosses that my dad had come to pick me up but that he had told him I took a cab home instead. WTF? Did he see me get in said cab? No. So why? I dunno. Argh. Well, my father hasn't got a cell phone, so I had to wait til he got back to work before I could ask him to pick me up again.

Why why do these things only happen to me????? I mean, lotsa people get in scrapes, I'm not that unaware, but really, shit just piles up in my life. And the most ridiculous things occur.

No comments: