Monday, December 1, 2008

Here's winter

As is customary for this blog, I must comment and complain about the turning of a new month. I know I tried to get through November as fast as could. And on my part, I was mainly complacent - I mean, what's new, right?

I focused on just making myself feel good as a distraction from reality. So I went to the movies. And I saw Bond, and Twilight, maybe High School Musical ... I can't remember when that went down. I watched some DVDs: Tropic Thunder, Iron Man, Under the Same Moon, etc. and watched waaay too much TV then is healthy.

But I was also social. There was Sha'Donna's bday one weekend along with the (awesome) wine tasting with Katie, and Katie's bday the next. And there was a reunion with friends of past over T-day break. I'm glad I did all those things.

Now that's about 6 months since I graduated, it's time to get real. As I said, I'm gonna finally kick this shit out. I'm gonna apply to some advertising/pr firms. I'm gonna apply to some non-profits. I need to be somewhere warmer/more urban than here. And I must make it happen now. I will work out more and healthier, even if it's just a little bit at a time.

And the most interesting bit of news, I'm joining a writers community. It's an online magazine called In Color, for people of color, and I'm going to help develop it. It's not paid of course, but it's about forming a community around commonality and writing articles for people like ourselves. It's to be a labor or love for writing and expressing and I'm excited for it.

No comments: