Oh, the weather outside has been frightful. I just have to say, normally I avoid writing about the weather bc it's small talk. It's not interesting to read about. But in the last two weeks, it's snowed about a foot, the roads have been coated with ice, the temps were "bone-chilling cold," and then the temps rose to nearly 60 degrees, and the thickest fog was settled over Rockford.
The snow. It's the Midwest, I get it. But I don't think it's snowed this much in a long time here. Ten years and more, I do believe it snowed more. School actually closed because it was snowing too much. But as I got older, it seemed like school was closed more often bc the temps were well below zero, and the buses hadn't started that morning. I should be used to it, I guess. But I'm not. It no longer does anything for me. I'm going to just need to move away to somewhere where snow is a freak occurrence.
Snow and ice are not my car's friend. Can't drive in damned inclement weather, which forces me to cancel a lot of plans. And I don't have many plans to start off with.
The cold I am certainly more used to. But it's unacceptable to me that it should be negative 8 degrees. That it's so cold that literally all I can do is lie in bed with my blanket wrapped tightly around me. And the freak warmth following the cold. All I can say is that global warming exists man. For all of those who don't take the thinning of the ozone to mean anything, 60 degrees in a Midwest December is just not normal. I'm not complaining, cuz I would love to live somewhere where that is normal. But still, it's messed up.
And the fog. Can I just say, that for the previous two days, all I could see was the car in front of me when I drove. I read that visible was .1 mile. That shit's ridic. I mean, literally, I could see it rising off the ground. And as my car traveled, I had no idea where it was going. I could only pray that the other drivers were not fucked up, so they wouldn't kill me. As Phyl's sister escorted us Friday night, I couldn't help but feel the atmosphere was the perfect backdrop for a gory horror movie. I think there might even be a bad movie called "The Fog" and I feel like it's fairly recent. Being in the car at 2 in the morning was scary enough. You sure as hell won't see my ass in the woods anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment