It's official. I am a Seasonal Disaffective Disorder sufferer. Well, it's not official official cuz I have not been diagnosed for it but, based on personal experience I'm 99.9% sure this is the case.
The sun came out today and stayed out for a good, long time. And it was warm. Not warm by my usual standards - ya know, at least 60 degrees - but warm for Feb. certainly.
And that made all the difference in my day. I'm like a flower, no warmth, no sunlight and I won't blossom. My spirits were lifted.
I've been going stir crazy. I've never worked such long days for such a long period of time. My full-time jobs always ended at the end of the summer. Now I'm finding myself a part of the daily grinding, working for the weekend sort of thing.
Thankfully I'll be going on a day trip tomorrow after work (though I will be sleepy having opened). That should clear my head a little. Honestly, I don't know how people can go without vacations. I would go completely insane if I never left town, and had to spend all my days looking out the window at dirty gray snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment