Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Insta-aging

I'm a few months shy of my 24th birthday. Just saying that makes me want to gag. I'm well on my way to being 25. A quarter century. I'm gonna be grown.

At the same time, 24 is really not that old. I say this because today another co-worker asked me how many kids I have. Not do I have kids, but how many. I am waaay too immature and selfish to have kids. I would be a terrible mother right now.

And as we know, it would not be possible for me to be a mother anyway. HA!

I just want to know when I went from looking like a 12-year-old girl to a mom. Not that a 12-year-old girl couldn't be a mom (that totally happened at my middle school) but still ... Suddenly, I went from giving off the teeny-bopper vibe to being a MILF. Ok, maybe I'm just flattering myself with that one.

Did this happen the day I turned 23? When my face filled out? When I started worked at YouthBuild, where 90% of our students under age 24 have kids of their own, so maybe it's just a natural assumption? I don't know. It's just tripping me out that this is at least the 4th instance in the last few months.

No comments: