Sunday, July 4, 2010

Good Thoughts

I'm prone to jags of negativity. So I do have to apologize for the generally pessimistic and/or annoyingly self-depricating tone of my postings. So you don't think I'm a Debbie Downer, I've got to let you know that I can be a happy-go-lucky gal when the mood strikes.

Compliment of the day: I was at the car wash, which appeared to be pretty much unpatronized all day. When I pulled in, there was probably a crew of 20 young Latino men waiting to wash my car. I was definitely the center of attention. As I stood in the waiting room, the customer who came in after me chuckled to himself. "You sure are putting a twinkle in their eyes," he said to me.

Well, I'll take that. Being the object of attention for that brief 10-minute period (especially since I was make-up free and in rather drab clothes) really lifted my spirits. Boosted for the rest of the weekend.

No comments: