Saturday, January 10, 2009

My best and worst list







In light of my recent award show review, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite and most annoyed with movies of the year: Let's start with the good (not in order):

1. We have to start off with the most anticipated movie of the year, Dark Knight, for living up to the hype. Plus, I met Aaron Eckhart in Chi. Plus I know people who got to be extras.

2. Slumdog Millionaire - a movie about Indian people that doesn't ignore the masses of poor in India. And isn't just pure exoticism.

3. Doubt - for the performances, you know Meryl is awesome.

4. Quantum of Solace - strange name, interesting plot, minus the cheesiness of most Bond flicks.

5. Wall-E - genius, a cartoon that mocks consumerism and our growing laziness. And it did that while retaining its cartoon-y cuteness. Disney done good.

6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall - I want to be friends with the people who made this movie.

7. Iron Man

8. Tropic Thunder Movies - judging from my last two choices, what can I say, I guess RDJ redeemed himself this year

9. the Sex and the City movie - not for the story or the acting, just for being the chickiest flick out there and for being a part of that franchise

10. Mainly bc I can't remember, I'm going to say Kung Fu Panda for being a good kids' movie







I despised:
1. Traitor - could have been so much better, what was Don Cheadle thinking?

2. The Day the Earth Stood Still - As non-emoting an actor as Keanu Reeves, why was he so bad as non-human being who doesn't understand emotions?

3. 27 Dresses - so not funny and offensive

4. Jumpers - I wish Hayden Christiansen could act

5. Eagle Eye - I found too many things about this movie confusing

6. The Happening - so bad I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes

7. Mamma Mia - I just saw this one, and I can't understand why you would cast actors who can't hold a note in a musical

8. My Blueberry Nights - Okay Jude Law's a hottie. That's about it. Sorry to half-desi singer Norah Jones, but she really can't act. And there was no point to this movie.

9. The Other Boleyn Girl - The Boleyns were apparently all hos. Henry was not that interesting. Scarlett and Natalie were not even believable sisters.

10. High School Musical Movie - the production value was terrible, you'd expect that franchise to produce something better

Movies I Wish I Liked More

1. Wanted - good at the time I saw it, but could have been better. Still, James Mc was hot

2. Twilight - I wish the plot, dialogue, or anything in the movie could have matched Rob.Pat's hotness

3. The Visitor - supposedly one of the best movies of the year, but I was bored

Ones I Want to See:

1. Rachel Getting Married - because it's getting a lot of awards

2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - I want to see how a man can age backwards

3. Role Models - I love me some Paul Rudd

4. Milk - I love gay men

5. Pineapple Express - another James Franco movie

6. Revolutionary Road - though I could careless about Titanic, I love Kate Winslet and would like to see her repaired with Leo

7. Vicky Christina - Woody gone Euro

8. Burn After Reading - the trailor showed Brad and George in a crazy light and I like that

9. surely some foreign movies

No comments: