Yesterday, I graduated. Mi amiga Katie, and her mother Lori - basically my extended family - came down for the ceremony, and awesome Whitney gave me her extra tickets so I could bring my six guests to the ceremony, instead of having them sit in the overflow room. I was not going to have my special guests sit another building and watch on a screen what they wanted to see in real life. Somehow, it all worked out in the end, and that's all that matters. The Comm. (I refuse to say Media) graduation was really nice. We got recognized individually for our accomplishments - my honors and my scholarship - and we received a "gift" at the end - a free College of Media bag. Though the thing was slightly disorganized, and it was raining/hella windy/ we had to get a spiel from Yates about how we were the first ever college of Media graduates, it was beautiful. The speaker was of course kind of boring, as to be expected, but inspirational at moments, and we had a student speaker too, which made the whole thing feel more personal. All in all, a good way to end the last four years. The only thing I felt a little bad about was not getting the opportunity to take pictures with friends after the ceremony, like in high school. There was a reception after, but once we crowded into the FLB hall area, I couldn't find non-advertising and media people. Once I went back outside, the people I had seen taking photos were gone. Saddnnessss. I hate this transition period. We spent so much time in lab together, hanging out together, doing everything together and then POOF! It's all over; we have to go home. So weird. I don't want it to be like that. I'm able to engage on such a different level with people here than I am at home where people would probably look at me for being a semi-Socialist. Anyhow, I'm hanging out in Chambana for a few days ... til the end of the week, so I can collect myself, finish my econ. class, pack, clean, repaint, etc.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment