Thursday, May 29, 2008

Confusion

I got a wee bit further in my job search. I sent my resume to a newspaper in Ft. Wayne, Indiana that's looking for copy editors. The editor was responsive; though, I have to take an edit test. I know I'm good at copy editing but the prospect of a test is making me doubt myself.

I've been wallowing in my cold/sinus issues for the better part of the week, so I stopped applying to things on either Monday or Tuesday. Probably not my smartest idea. From here on out, though I'm just going to keep on applying. If I don't land any prospects soon though I'll need to find a short-term job in the Ford.

My mother and my brother are leaving for India in two weeks because my grandpa's in poor condition. I'm supposed to continue the job search. It's very awkward that they're leaving now. In a way, it allows me some of the freedom I've been desiring. The two of them have been suffocating my personality. However, my dad's going to be here. We don't talk. Like, at all. That will be the strangest month for me. Am I going to have to cook for him? Hells no. But yes, as I was saying, I will need something to occupy my time so the two of us won't have to stare at each other to kill time on weekends.

July 4th will be the most dull, unless someone adopts me for the weekend. Or if friends decide to go somewhere. But I have yet to hang out with any friends here. Are there any friends here? So I don't even know. If all of a sudden, I need to fly out to interviews and (crossing my fingers) get an offer, it'll be strange to travel to these place or potentially move away (even across country?) without my mother around to talk to about it.

No comments: