
Back to the movie reviews. I saw the new James Bond flick this weekend. And I will say, it was the first movie in a long time that I felt was worth the $10, not just a way to stay out of my house on a weekend night.
The James Bond much-acclaimed theme song - OK I guess if you like Jack White. It was a duet with Alicia Keys, but I couldn't even decipher that it was her voice, so that should tell you a lot. It sounded too experimental for a mainstream radio hit.
Daniel Craig - hot. He's the blondie Bondie and I know people had a lot of issues with him because of that when the first movie came out. But whatever, haters. He managed to look good in all situations, as a British boating prepster and when he was diiiiiirty, covered in ash.
The girl was pretty too. Like Catherine Zeta Jones if she had Latina in her. And she wasn't a nasty ho with a ridic. name like Pussy Galore. I guess I can believe it because it was the 60s, but really? Pussy Galore? This girl's name was normal, but she was still kick ass.
The story was topical too, which was refreshing. There was none of that campiness that usually keeps me from watching Bond. Seriously, one of them or the other seems to always be on TV (ya know, on SPIKE - the "man channel") and my dad always watches but I can never get passed the first few minutes. The only one I prob. ever watched was the latest one with Halle Berry.
Of course, the gadgets were cool. Cars were front and center - lemme just say Ford got a nice shout-out. And British people are sometimes hilarious. Especially when they think they're sticking it to the Americans. Sorry, former colonizers. Her Majesty's Secret Service doesn't hold as much power as it did pre-WWII when Brittania had control over what seemed like half the world.
The James Bond much-acclaimed theme song - OK I guess if you like Jack White. It was a duet with Alicia Keys, but I couldn't even decipher that it was her voice, so that should tell you a lot. It sounded too experimental for a mainstream radio hit.
Daniel Craig - hot. He's the blondie Bondie and I know people had a lot of issues with him because of that when the first movie came out. But whatever, haters. He managed to look good in all situations, as a British boating prepster and when he was diiiiiirty, covered in ash.
The girl was pretty too. Like Catherine Zeta Jones if she had Latina in her. And she wasn't a nasty ho with a ridic. name like Pussy Galore. I guess I can believe it because it was the 60s, but really? Pussy Galore? This girl's name was normal, but she was still kick ass.
The story was topical too, which was refreshing. There was none of that campiness that usually keeps me from watching Bond. Seriously, one of them or the other seems to always be on TV (ya know, on SPIKE - the "man channel") and my dad always watches but I can never get passed the first few minutes. The only one I prob. ever watched was the latest one with Halle Berry.
Of course, the gadgets were cool. Cars were front and center - lemme just say Ford got a nice shout-out. And British people are sometimes hilarious. Especially when they think they're sticking it to the Americans. Sorry, former colonizers. Her Majesty's Secret Service doesn't hold as much power as it did pre-WWII when Brittania had control over what seemed like half the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment