Well, it's been a while since I've gotten back. I meant to update.
My brother's friend passed. Times like this, I really have to wonder, what the fuck kind of cruel world is this? Most people don't deserve death, that's for sure. But really, it's just not fair to die at age 16. Or to have your kid get hit by a car.
I went to a beautiful memorial service on Saturday in Jason's honor. Apparently, he was a talented drummer. It's sweet to say that maybe this kid would be 'playing drums in heaven' but still. Even though I only saw him in passing and didn't know him, I'm not going to lie, I cried.
And now, I hear that a 9-year-old got hit a school bus today. Really? There's so much tragedy lately.
And Jennifer Hudson's fam was killed. That doesn't relate to me but it was still close enough to home. And damn, how does one get over so many deaths in the family?????
It's just really shit times in general. I'm not superstitious in the least, but I almost want to be. There's just no explanation.
And don't get me started on my own luck. While my woes pale in comparison to the tragedy others are facing at this time, I can't help but feel that life is bleak right now.
Obama needs to win. This exhausted, jaded twentysomething needs to know that hope still exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment