Ugh. I know I said I wouldn't complain. A job is better than no job. $10/hour far surpasses $0. But shit, I forgot how crap it is to stand on your feet all day. And I really do mean all day. Despite how sweet banking appears to be, we don't really take breaks at the branch I got hired at. If ya gots to pee, you better hope that it's not a busy time. There's a lunch break of course, but no 10 minuters, which I thought were required by law. At least that's how it is was at all my other jobs.
The people there are rather chill. There's an old guy whose especially endearing, as he's been working there most of his life, and as an old guy, is mostly out of touch with current society. He doesn't understand why more people don't come inside for service instead of debiting, using the ATM, and going through the drive-thru. The answers to these questions were pretty obvious, but I played along.
I will feel bad quitting, but this is an awkward time (most of all for the banking industry) and shoot, I just don't have the energy to drive so far out every day (when I don't even have a car, and it's getting tiresome schedule shuffling at home), and I certainly can't do a 10-day training course in Naperville. Not unless they pay for a hotel.
I feel bad for my employees that they work so much for so little. Bankers are supposed to have this pride level and it's supposed to be an honorable profession, but they don't get too much respect. My boss was even knocked down from salaried to hourly wages. WTF?
No comments:
Post a Comment