I had the day off today due to the ridiculous out-of-town corporate training I will be undergoing starting tomorrow. But my paycheck came in, so I had to go to work. And everybody knows how annoying it is to go into your place of work when you're not on the clock. It's worse for me considering that I bank at National City too.
Anywhoo, I wound up with 800+ dollars for 32 hours of work. There was no hourly breakdown anywhere on my check, so I don't actually know what I'm getting paid for. Like the pay period ends tomorrow. So am I get paid for tomorrow too? Did I wind up with more than $10/hour? I guess I'll never know. Sadly, the biggest what the fuck came when I saw that $200 had been taken out my check. You know I support social programs. But $200 is a quarter of my money and I don't have enough in the bank to be generous right now.
As I drove home, the old Alanis "Hand in My Pocket" angry girl song came on, and seriously, I think it's the anthem of this time of my life. "I'm sad but I'm laughing/I'm tired but I'm working." So so so true, lady. This about sums up the 20-something breakdown/post-college age of discontent that I one day hope to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment