Thursday, September 18, 2008

Working for the weekend

Guys, I realized the one thing I'm truly skilled at ... complaining! Ta da! No wonder nobody wants to hire me. I don't complain at work or anything, but ya know, in my head, they're all just piling up.

I don't think a monkey could do my job, as my boss told me. But after a week or so of it, I don't think I'm going to have a problem with anything. I refuse to pick up the phone, and I think that bothers some people but whatevs, I'm just going to end up putting them on hold for someone else (I function I don't even know how to use).

On the upside, I'm excited for Wednesday, when we get to spend our time volunteering somewhere or the other for "Community Days," and we don't have to wear professional looking clothes that day either.

I'm checking the e-mails less and less these days, but I don't want to give up all hope and consign myself to being a cat lady (though I wouldn't even have cats cuz they make my eyes water) either. Seriously, prospects for everything are low.


I got an e-mail from Maximum PC asking my send in some samples before Friday night. That would be sweet, except for I don't really know actual things about computers. Like a how-to on computer videocard upgrades. Don't know how I would even go about that. Or a review of hardware. Reviews are certainly easier, but too bad I know nothing about new hardware. Plus I realized that even if I bs my way to an impressive sample selection, once they interview me, they're bound to realize I'm not a computer nerd.

No comments: