Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another blow

Today, I accompanied my mother to the gyno's office, where - surprise - they decided to administer the last round of my Gardasil vaccination. Before they did this though, they had to weigh me. I'm not sure why, because I wasn't there for any reason except to get a shot but perhaps they had noticed that I had ballooned since last they saw me.

The scale confirmed my fears were true. My semi-depressive state led me to eat away my troubles and added on a grand total of at least 10 pounds since May (perhaps more). While I know I'm still not "fat" (though obese probably by my aunt and Hollywood's standards), I am much more out of shape than I cared to admit to myself, and at the peak of weight gain for my whole-life-so-far. I knew I was overeating (or perhaps not overeating but just eating a lot of things I wouldn't normally).

I made progress the week I went to Lady Wellness, but that was a month ago and alas, nothing stuck. The DVD I purchased was a waste, as the 1 workout I really wanted of the 10 was somehow not included in the multi-pack. I do have a Barnes and Noble gift card though, and I intend to at least use that for good. I need some sort of modern incarnation of the Paula Abdul workout. Or Exercise TV because it truly is amazing.

Adding to my doctor's appointment humiliation was the fact that the nurse gave me a purple Gardasil band-aid. Couldn't she find a flesh-colored one anywhere? Because she poked me and made me bleed during a routine vaccination, my arm pained enough to the point that I let it be all day. Though I have no judgment on being a virgin, there really is nothing cool about having a giant eyesore band-aid out you.

So, I spent this blog whining once again. Some highlights of the week: $1 wine from Valli Produce, new black trousers and pencil skirt that had been on clearance (naturally) at Old Navy, a surprise visit from Christine and Co., and a coupon found for a free stack of Swedish pancakes at Stockholm Inn.

No comments: