Well, today's July 4th. And I have absolutely no plans. Which would be Ok, except that my father has the day off and I think most of the stores are closed, and most people I've spoken to have family plans. So I'm kind of trapped with my father. Who - I'm not kidding - I think is crazy. And as a result of spending too much time with only him in the last three weeks, has spread his craziness to me.
Earlier today, I was forced to stay within the confines of my bedroom for an hour (and will be later again today if I'm at home) because my father 'works out' by strapping on two layers of flannel while jumping up and down in place and listening to devotional Hindu music with no headphones on. Lemme tell you, you never want to hear a bhajan ever, they consist of high-pitched harmonies that sound like an animal is being killed. This literally always gives me a headache as my house is cheap and small, and I can always hear the music and the noise of my house shaking, even when I'm in my locked in my room. So that annoys me at least twice a day when he's at home. Plus my father has a tendency to mumble to himself and also randomly yells out my name like he has Turret's. And also to hover over me.
You probably thought my father was weird when you met him, but now you know. He tried to be normal today by suggesting we go Chicago or Lake Geneva. When I asked him what we'd do there (seeing as we don't even converse normally), he said we could sit there. WTF? Why would we drive somewhere and just sit there? I most certainly would have gone to Taste had I money or were there decent public transport from Rockford. As a result, I am stewing in my own madness currently, wishing someone would invite me to a barbecue with copious liquor. Having no money def. sucks. And I do not want to go out by myself in hopes that someone will buy me a drink. Someone from my past might see me, and I would have to drive there and man do I wish I was still in college! I think my course of action will be to drive around town until the gas tank runs out. I see extensive therapy in future. For now, thanks blogger, for being my free shrink.
No comments:
Post a Comment