Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July already?

I need to make some changes.

I've done one good thing already. I got a free week pass to go to Lady Wellness, which is a pretty nice work-out place. You can print off a pass online, and I plan to go every day this week. They seem friendly there and for some reason, I could push myself to burn off more calories there than I did when I tested out Anytime Fitness. While there, I saw this story on CNN, which revealed the racism of Indian people.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/26/america/NA-GEN-US-Contract-Killing.php

It's pretty fucked up. But CNN was cute, they thought they were exposing our "racial hierarchy," which I guess they were to most people. They even played a Fair and Lovely commercial, which I referenced earlier in this blog. This man's actions makes me embarrassed about my culture. We need to get over ourselves. Most of us are not white or light, at least in the American context, so we need to embrace our coloredness and that of others.

OK, I will move on to my original topic and perhaps return to this later. I need to suck it up and get a job. Even if that means people I know will see me working at the mall or some such place; whatever, I should not be so shallow. Or I need to get a secretarial job. After my last rent payment and my trip to Wisc, I'm running out o cash fast. I already used up my grad cash as well as the "scholarship" U of I gave me to offset this phase of life. Though I still have some savings, it's not much. My savings and my checking are the same account, so I need to watch what I spend. So even though all my jeans have developed holes and I want to go out drinking and such, I need to be frugal right now. Until I get a crap job.

Also, I'm looking into paid blogging gigs. Cuz even though they don't exactly pay a salary, what could be more fun.

Also, I need to find some free places where I could meet people. I'll have to work on that one ...

No comments: