Monday, July 14, 2008

Better Shop Around


My lack of money is definitely getting to be a problem, as it corresponds to me also needing just about everything. Having just graduated college, I've outgrown much of my clothing, which I've accumulated since high school. I know I need to lose weight and my jeans have affirmed this because every single pair has torn/worn out in the thigh area, of course from the friction of my thighs rubbing together. Instead of giving me incentive though, the thought is just depressing.

Kira had given each of the roommates a $25 Gap gift card for graduation, and I was looking forward to spending it, thinking like a moron that I'd be able to use it for more than one article of clothing. The Gap in Cherryvale Mall went out of business a year or two back and I didn't want to redeem the card at Old Navy, since their pants never fit me no matter what. My family set out for the Huntley Outlets yesterday, excited about free clothing. No such luck. Of course, the prices at the outlet mall were still too expensive for us.

Because I found a pair of jeans that appeared to fit me perfectly (though it was not the rinse I wanted, apparently short people can't be choosy), I decided to buy it. Apparently, I have "curvy" thighs. It was $39.99 with $5 off and $25, so I thought, OK these jeans will still be cheap even though I have to sacrifice my entire gift card. They had the most adorable shoes on clearance for $8.99 and I had to give in because of my obsession with accessories. I thought the bill would be low, maybe $15, but it was still $23, even with the gift card. Which made me feel like the gift card was worthless. Now that I have one pair of wearable jeans, I will wear them around everywhere until I find a decent pair under $25 that I can actually afford. In the meantime of me getting a job, clothing purchases shall be on the back burner.

No comments: