
Normally, I ignore MTV reality shows (other than Made and True Life that is) because I'm of the philosophy that watching a few minutes of them will kill too many brain cells. Last night while flipping the channels I came across what appeared to be the last five minutes of A Shot of Love. The star, Tila Tequila kind of weirds me out because she looks like a human Bratz doll. And she also just looks dirty, as though she bathes in tequila instead of drinking it. Tequila's supposed to be bi, and - whoa what a concept - has to decide if she wants to be with a man or woman on her dating show. While Tequila grossed me out annoyed me because of her embodiment of the Asian fetish, I never took her to be a moron. Even though she supposedly had a million MySpace friends, I never heard of her until I saw a commercial for this show. I assumed she was just using the show to build up her star power, like how Flava Flav used his Vh1 show, and ultimately ended up with some woman he never dated on the show.
It seems she had picked the girl instead of the guy, which is kind of surprising. Rather unsurprisingly, the girl rejected her. Aren't we all used to this happening in reality dating shows by now? The point is certainly not to fall in love, but for all parties involved to gain some momentary fame. Tequila is dumber than I expected if she thought the girl would end up with her. She cried on and on about why is this happening to me? What am I doing wrong? Blah Blah Blah. Trying to find a mate on a reality show is laughable at this point. I know people love these shows but honestly, the extreme whoring out just gives me a headache.
It seems she had picked the girl instead of the guy, which is kind of surprising. Rather unsurprisingly, the girl rejected her. Aren't we all used to this happening in reality dating shows by now? The point is certainly not to fall in love, but for all parties involved to gain some momentary fame. Tequila is dumber than I expected if she thought the girl would end up with her. She cried on and on about why is this happening to me? What am I doing wrong? Blah Blah Blah. Trying to find a mate on a reality show is laughable at this point. I know people love these shows but honestly, the extreme whoring out just gives me a headache.
No comments:
Post a Comment