My lack of focus can also be attributed to the fact that I will be turning 22 on Saturday. How did I get to be an adult? I am scurred of 22. 21 was exciting and fun. It sounds funny but the fact that you can buy alcohol on your own (meaning you are no longer excluded from that section of the grocery store) made me feel like I had finally achieved adult freedom. 22 is rather blah. When I reflect on the age 22, I realize there are so many things younger me expected to have happened by now (I certainly didn't think my romantic life would be like this ...).
Kelly and I are planning to have a big affair, a double-birthday celebration extravaganza, combined with an end-of-the-year/end-of-schooling bash. I hope I can squeeze every drop of goodness left in this year! I want that high to carry me when I'm slumming around at home, sitting at my parents' desktop with my pajamas on, chipping away at the job search.
So, my mind is wandering even more.
No comments:
Post a Comment