Last night, I had a lot of fun celebrating Maria's birthday. I went to SOMA for the first time, and while there, watched a bachelorette party get down. The bride-to-be grinded up on every man that came into her sight, including one of our party.
The scene reminded me of something my friend once said in reference to a groom-to-be friend. His fiancee didn't want him to go to a strip club or his friends to hire him a stripper, but my friend said to me that she believes men should have that chance to go crazy and get it out of their system. The idea that he should have his last hurrah, so to speak.
I'm all for equality. If men get lap dances from naked women (or ones in g-strings), us ladies should be allowed to visit the Sugar Shack (which I have, but not with a bridal party), and to get our skanky dance on. But ... if you really truly love someone/are ready to make that grand commitment, why do you need to have that last hurrah? To sew your last wild seeds? I mean, why are we expected to stay at home every night and go to sleep by 10 when we are married. And if you really really are ready to be married, then why should the idea of the ultimate commitment bother you and make you freak out about never having a crazy good time again? I say, the hurrahs should not stop once you're married. Just because you pledge to spend your life with some one doesn't mean you have to give up all sociableness. Plus, I highly doubt that you could stop finding other men/women attractive just because you are married.
So hurrah it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment