Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back in town

I'm back from a weekend getaway in Wisconsin. I had never traveled beyond my uncle's house or the UW campus (which I had forgotten how beautiful it was) in Madison, and I realized I had been missing out, considering that the city is only an hour away from Rockford. I'm looking at some jobs in the area because that city seems like a perfect place for 20-somethings to live and work.

Michelle had wanted to make a tour of the upper-Midwest but we only got around to Madison and Milwaukee. I gambled for the first time ever, via slot machines, and it's honestly not that exciting. Especially since I have no strategy for the game.

I was in the weirdest mood when I got back yesterday. I had some crazy stomach drama (I'm pretty sure I should have had the doctor check this out years ago) and the pain kept my in bed much of the day. Add to that, there's just no one for me to talk to in Rockford. My fam's not around and all of my friends are off doing something more exciting (which is good for them, don't get me wrong!). Anyway, since I felt physically gross, I mentally psyched myself out. The fact that I don't have too much to do should motivate me to create and apply to as many jobs as possible. But I've slowed down on it all. Today, I seem to be feeling better, so I'm going to get to work on a few things at least.

No comments: