Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Musings

So guys sadly my hair didn't retain its curl after I washed it. It's still kind of wavy and I still think this is a hot haircut but if I forget that hairbrushes are a bad call and brush my hair, it transforms into Jennifer Aniston circa "the Rachel." But I'm still glad for the change.

Yesterday, Phyllis and I had dinner at a fairly new Rockford establishment, Granite City Brewery, which is located behind Cherry Vale. I'll write up a lil blurb about it later. It was good times. We realized the reason we are single is because we are strong-minded, blunt, independent young women. We do control things in the male department and until we find a smart, cute guy to match us, we're not going to pander and change our personalities for them. It's kind of hot to consider that guys would be afraid of us and our minds. I'm going to leave it at that. I'm not saying I can't have my summer fun (if that ever happens) or anything else . . . just I'm still going to speak my mind and be me.

Also, living at home is such a drag. I know, still ... stop complaining. But yesterday after I dined out for about 3 hours, my mom quizzed me about dinner. I told her what we ordered including beers. And she got really mad at me. Like I'm an alcoholic for having one beer with dinner. Like it even affected me. She say, "Why did you have that stuff???? It tastes so bad." When further questioned, she told me, "I don't know why young people think they can do whatever they want these days." My mother's menopausing so I'm going to forgive her for judging me like a crazy lady. I know she's just hating on the fact that I went out to dinner with a friend of mine and had fun and had a good drink. But still, it's lame to have to deal with. I want to be treated like a 22-year-old, not be trapped as an 18-year-old forever.

No comments: