
One of these women really creeps me out.
So far I don't think I've talked about politics in this blog. I've talked about my tendencies but not the current state of things.
Lately, I'm just annoyed by it all. In Europe, election processes only take a few weeks. It's great that we have more time to get to know our candidates (cuz I mean, who makes the decisions for our country is an important decision for us) but I honestly don't think we need an entire year. Everything is extended to the breaking point. I can't watch any cable news channels because all the ever talk about is Will this hurt that candidates image? Fuck their image, I want to know what they actually stand for.
As much as it would have been cool to have a woman president, I am excited for an Obama presidency. I've heard a lot about how Clinton followers want to vote for McCain out of spite. They are morons if they do that. Way to set back the country and your own rights as McCain is bent on reversing Roe v. Wade. Honestly, why wouldn't they want someone who at least aims for equality rather than someone who represents an inequitable system.
I hope Republicans can see past their prejudices and realize that McCain can't promise anything more than Bush (since he decided to pander to conservatives) and just allow change to happen. I know this election has turned into a big 'historical' thing, a race issue. But you know, if people decide not vote for Obama because he's Black, I should be able to vote for him because he represents me as a minority.
Anyway, the original intent of this post was to question why Republicans hate Michelle Obama so when Cindy McCain fricking was addicted to painkillers and stole them from her own charity. She should be the one with all the negative press, the one that people judge harshly. But she gets a second chance. As I was about to type about it though, I realized why all we ever hear about is how Michelle is bad for Barack rather than Cindy is bad for John. Because Democrats are more forgiving than Republicans. Conservatives get away with so much because bleeding-heart Liberals are more accepting of 'different lifestyles.' Think about it, I read a statistic that every single person on the committee (or panel or whatever it's called) to impeach Clinton had carried out and lied about their own extramarital affairs. But they were Republicans, Democrats didn't need to go and attack them. Seems that the McCain camp enjoys attacking Michelle because she's a strong Black woman, which should make her a role model. But I haven't heard anything about Cindy's indiscretions on TV lately. Maybe that's because Democratic people realize that when you start judging someone based on something small, it tends to bite you in the ass.
OK, I'm done brainwashing you with my politics. Hahaha. I guess you can see who I align with. :)

2 comments:
damn it Divya, I LOVE YOU!
Aww thanks, now if only I could get to writing about that amazing Art.
Post a Comment